There are 4 stages required to complete the offline installation onboard a vessel, complemented by the form attached at the bottom of this article.
Stage 1 - Request for offline access
The Vessel sends a request for offline installation to:firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items attached to the email:
- The form ‘Offline Installation Request’, attached at the bottom of this article, with Section 1 completed.
- A Belarc report, as detailed below*.
A ticket will be created in our support system and all further communication will take place via the support ticket.
Manage My Vessel will confirm receipt of the request
* To create a belarc report download the following program and run it on the PC/server where the offline client is to be installed. The program will bring up the completed report through a web browser which you can then save to pdf, or print to pdf.
Stage 2 – Files to Download
Manage My Vessel will review the Belarc report and verify that the server is suitable for the offline installation.
Upon verification we will create a sandbox package of files that you will need to download onto the servers desktop.
We will provide the URL for the download, along with an expiration date for that download, by completing Section B of the Offline Installation Request form and returning it to you via email/support ticket.
Stage 3 – Confirmation of Downloads
Upon receipt of the form, with Section B completed, the vessel will have until the expiration date to download the installation the sandbox files and place them on the servers desktop.
The vessel will also need to download a client called ‘Log Me In’. This client will allow MMV to remotely access the server to install the files. Log Me In is available to download here:
Once downloaded, follow these steps to install the program:
- double click the installer to open
- Check “I have read and agree to the terms of the License Agreement” and click Next.
- Click Next one more time.
- Leave the selection to “Typical (recommended)” and click Next.
- Enter the name of the vessel in the Description (e.g.: M/Y Fantastic) and click Next.
- Click Next one more time.
- Click Finish when done.
You will also need to contact Manage My Vessel and provide the login details for the server operating system. The login details must be for a user with Administrator level access.
Finally, you will need to complete Section C of the Offline Installation Request form and return it to Manage My Vessel via reply email to email@example.com
Stage 4 – Completing the Installation
Upon receipt of the form with Section C completed, Manage My Vessel will remotely login to your server, via Log Me In, and install the sandbox packages.
We will then return the Offline Installation Request form with Section D completed which provides information about access your installed and operational offline client.