The most fundamental concepts of Manage My Vessel are the Alerts and Permissions within the system. These form the very basis of how the system works and govern what you can see and what you get told about.
Before you are given a login to the system your administrator will have created a profile. This profile, called a user role, will have been assigned to a variety of items within the system and will allow you to potentially read, edit, and/or delete each item.
Items within our system include: Vessels; Manuals; Forms; Documents; Crew member profiles; Guest profiles; Trips; Tasks; Contacts; and Equipment & Inventory.
Against each item you may have also been assigned to an alert. There are several types of alert within our system:
- New/Updated Alert - Whenever a change is made to an item an alert is sent out for you to review and acknowledge and the change.
- Expiration/ Survey Due Alert - An alert that is sent out X number of days before this particular item expires. The number of days is controlled by your system administrator.
- Missing Alert - An alert to tell you that a particular item is not in the system.
- Task Due Alert - An alert to tell you that a particular task is due to be completed.
- Form Follow Up Alert - An alert specifically related to forms which has been created to remind you review and update a particular form
The alerts and permissions within the system are entirely controlled by your system administrator(s) and can be customised to suit what you need access to and what you need to be alerted to.
We will go in to more details about how to manage the alerts you receive in the following pages.